Seagate manufactures hard drives that specifically address the needs of the hyperscale storage market. As the flagship of the Seagate® X class, the Exos® X16 enterprise hard drives are the highest-capacity hard drives in the fleet.
Maximum Storage Capacity for Highest Rack Space Efficiency
- Industry's first 16 TB drive for 33% more petabytes per rack;
- Highest 16 TB hard drive performance with enhanced caching, making it perfect for cloud data centre and massive scale-out data centre applications;
- Hyperscale SATA model tuned for large data transfers and low latency;
- PowerBalance™ feature optimises Watts/TB;
- Helium sealed-drive design delivers lower total cost of ownership through lower power and weight;
- Next-generation helium side-sealing weld technology for added handling robustness and leak protection;
- Digital environmental sensors to monitor internal drive conditions for optimal operation and performance;
- Data protection and security: Seagate Secure™ features for safe, affordable, fast, and easy drive retirement;
- Proven enterprise-class reliability backed by 5-year limited warranty and 2.5M-hrMTBF rating.